Where There Is No Dentist 2012 21
Learning about teeth and gums can be fun. When the teaching is real and
practical, students love to learn. Here are some ideas:
Teaching so that learning can take place
1. Teach and learn together with school children.
2. Start with what the students already know.
3. Let students see and then do.
4. Let children help each other.
5. Teach about teeth and gums together with other subjects.
6. Be a good example.
7. Make the community part of your classroom.
1. Teach and Learn Together with School Children
instead of always
more when they
A discussion draws out
information and opinions.
It helps you
to learn more
and believe to
A lecture transfers
your own notes
to the children’s
through their minds.
But it also allows
you to introduce
is related to the