A womb made from cloth
1. Cut 2 pieces of material this shape.
The material should be about
33 centimeters (13 inches) long.
It should be about 27 centimeters
(10≤ inches) wide at the top and
about 15 centimeters (6 inches)
wide at the bottom. Stretchy
material is best.
2. Cut a circle of red cloth the same
size as the placenta (see page 456).
Sew it to one of
circle shows the
spot where the
placenta is attached.
3. Put the sides of the womb
together and sew like this:
4. Turn up the open end and sew a
seam. Leave enough space for a
drawstring to fit inside. This will
be the cervix.
5. Turn the womb right side out.
Put a drawstring or a piece of
elastic through the seam at
A Book for Midwives (2010)